Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removed passanger seat and.....

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i removed my passanger seat so i could mount an amp... i have put the seat back in and now im left with an error message saying "SRS AIRBAG FAULT"

can this be fixed easily or do i need to go to holden and have them rip me off???

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
make sure the connection under the seat is plugged in.

If you forgot to plug it in and turned the reds on then you have a problem and may have to take it to holden for a reset

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
no i didnt take the battery out :( just unplugged it. a mate of mine was charged $150 just to get a reset for his engine light :(

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
$150 is crazy. I was quoted $50 but the technician did it in the car park and told me to just forget about it....
Thanks Suttons :yeah:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i removed my passanger seat so i could mount an amp... i have put the seat back in and now im left with an error message saying "SRS AIRBAG FAULT"

can this be fixed easily or do i need to go to holden and have them rip me off???

As you have had the ignition on with the seat out the SRS module has logged a code.
The only way is to take it to a dealer & get it cleared.
you will probably do much better getting it cheaper or free if you loose the attitude about getting ripped off.
basically you have done something to the car without actually knowing what you were playing with, The dealer has a very expensive scan tool they can use to fix your issue, they also need to provide someone trained to use the tool .

So basically its your fault... deal with it.

eclipz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
all good. was quoted $45 by local dealer