Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removed Turbo RB30

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Hi Guys,

Needing a bit of help, Back in September last year my VL was stolen and recovered about a month later. The previous owner had put a Nissan RB30 engine in instead of a Holden RB30 engine and had also added a turbo on but to my knowledge the ECU hasn't been touched/chiped . After 5 Months last week the car finally started and was driving how ever am having a few issues.

#1- Car starts but wont idle well/at all unless you have your foot slightly down/Accelerate since removed, Is shooting small flames out of the exhaust and dosn't feel like its running on all 6 Cylinders? Correct me if Im wrong but if anyone has had a Tank sure when running on empty it kind of feels like that/choking would this have anything to do with the AFM or timing.

Cheers,

Ben

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
So got it running all sweet turned out to be a big vaccum leak car idles but it will automatically change its RPM have tried playing around with the AFM (Air Flow Meter) and also the ECU little dial..?

Any ideas

ll_luce

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT V6 Signature
Yeah mate, I understand at the end of the day but the original RB30 Holden engine from my under standing is slightly differnt from the R31 Nissan Skyline Rb30 with a small change on the loom and also the manifold IIRC, Starting the car up its fine it idles but its rough after a quick 5 minute driving pulling upto lights it almost/sometimes does die if you dont give it a rev. But am having a hard time understanding on how to adjust the Air/Fuel Mixture and also the idle.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Do yourself a favour and run a search there's plenty of threads out there that can help you