Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing 6x9's

S

Sorak

Hi All,

My VS came with Pioneer 6x9's installed in the rear shelf, complete with cheap plastic spacers. Looks shite! I would like to go back to 6" coaxials. Is this possible? I realise I would have to buy a new parcel shelf at least...

Would I have to find some speaker mounts and get them welded in or would it be better just to get some better 6x9's and install them properly?

Cheers

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I reckon you're better of buying some decent 6x9's and installing them properly.

I know what you mean, those spacers look crap. The trick is to install the 6x9's behind (or below) the parcel shelf, so they sit flush - not on top of the parcel shelf.

I'm not too familiar with the VS so I'm not sure if you can physically do this, but it's worth looking into...

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
with a VS you have the original speaker brackets in the way under the parcel shelf, though i think someone said that to remove them is illegal becuase its messing with the structure of the car but i personally think that cant be right...

adams vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s
spacer

do you know if you can install the 6x9s without the spacer in a vn or do ya have to have the spacer if so where do u get a pair under 140 bucks in sa