Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing abs fuse for big burnouts

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
and your complaining about to much traction give me a break
Cuckoo

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Hey Guys, Is This werid or is it just me, but i turn off my traction control and the abs still kicks in, take out the fuse, and WOW its great, no abs, can spin the wheels. LOL

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Bubbaj247 said:
Hey Guys, Is This werid or is it just me, but i turn off my traction control and the abs still kicks in, take out the fuse, and WOW its great, no abs, can spin the wheels. LOL

Think its just you........ Traction Control button won't turn off your ABS...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Like Ludacris said ABS and traction control are 2 seperate systems.
ABS is for braking, Traction is for accelerating...

In most cases of commdores that i have come across that have traction control it can be turned off...
I got a lil button near my stearing wheel....

The idea of taking the ABS fuse is stupid for 2 reasons:
1. Its a safety feature of the car, its like your airbag, if u crash and they find the fuse is missing ur abit screwed.
2. ABS has nothing do to with burnouts unless ur doing a burnout on ur brakes in which case ur a nob.

On the other hand taking out the traction control fuse is also stupid, and pointless since the only point you have for doing this is so u can do burnouts.

If you can't do burnouts, deal with it, you'll live....
If you can't do burnouts in a 195i car.... deal with it, obviously u really don't know what ur doin and should have a car that powerful...

If your doing burnouts at the Summernats comp then non of the above applies...

Cheers

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Well like some people have experienced, but airbags arnt always good, what we can do is a small experiment, ill drive past you while mi mate hangs out the window and slogs you with a pillow at 50Km/h while you stand still, That is what ive heard a airbag fills like, plus the impact of the Pole, tree, car, boat whatever

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Jesterarts said:
The idea of taking the ABS fuse is stupid for 2 reasons:
1. Its a safety feature of the car, its like your airbag, if u crash and they find the fuse is missing ur abit screwed.
2. ABS has nothing do to with burnouts unless ur doing a burnout on ur brakes in which case ur a nob.

On the other hand taking out the traction control fuse is also stupid, and pointless since the only point you have for doing this is so u can do burnouts.

Cheers

agreed and agreed, however, when you pull the ABS fuse, it will also kill trac control :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Bubbaj247 said:
Well like some people have experienced, but airbags arnt always good, what we can do is a small experiment, ill drive past you while mi mate hangs out the window and slogs you with a pillow at 50Km/h while you stand still, That is what ive heard a airbag fills like, plus the impact of the Pole, tree, car, boat whatever
If you get hit with a pillow at 50 km/h you will survive.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
accentstencil said:

I can say now that an airbag is great. If you are seated in the correct position/distance the airbag works perfectly. It is the people who sit with their knees against the dash and their chinr esting ont he wheel that get hurt. Had a friends car not had passenger airbags i may have looked liked a half chewed twisty now. Sorry but i will keep that safety aspect in my car :)

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
accentstencil said:

Yeah i guess somepeople probley would but im not just talking about older people, but i got a 11month old daughter, now think of the impact there.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Bubbaj247 said:
Yeah i guess somepeople probley would but im not just talking about older people, but i got a 11month old daughter, now think of the impact there.

Why would an 11 month old child be in the front seat?

Even with side curtain air bags the baby capsule/seat shields them from this. As do rear seat airbags, which i dont think holdens have yet?