Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing abs fuse for big burnouts

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
hmmm on the airbag/children thing, children under 8 not supposed to be in the front seat of non-airbag cars & children under 12 in passengerside airbag fitted cars.

As for accidents in airbag fitted cars, My mum would have been killed if her lancer was fitted with a driverside airbag. As a 5'2 woman myself a airbag in an accident has a very good chance of hitting me in the head rather than the chest as intended. The ambo told her she was very lucky not to break ribs from the seatbelt even.... put it down to her having her own airbags ;) lol

So althought I can see the definte safety advantages of airbags, Im not conviced they are the smartest move in some cases.

D.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Countess, yet trauma to the head region has been reduced significantly with airbags in cars. Although they may cause some damage such as a broken nose etc, it is better then causing brain damage.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Bubbaj247 said:
Yeah i guess somepeople probley would but im not just talking about older people, but i got a 11month old daughter, now think of the impact there.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids these days.....:bang: :bang:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I've been saved by a side airbag.. I got t-boned at 80-90km/h, drivers side and the side airbag was the only thing that kept me alive..

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Having smashed my old car (EL Falcon). I can say also that the airbag saved me. Not necessarily from fatal damage but something more life long such as mental illness (thou that is still debatable).

To take the fuse out for a quick thrill for me doesn't sit right. Better to leave it in otherwise you will forget one day... when you need it most! Take that from someone who made backyard re-entry a new art at 100km/h thus turning the fence pallings into a launch ramp. Never making that mistake again! Certainly not in that car.

ilovemyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
ive never seen an air bag in action, and dont plan to

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
airbags are there because the cars these days are made basicially of hardened plastic, if my old girl had been in one of todays cars when she had her head on with a tree @ 80km/h she would not have seen the light of day, however and luckly enough she was driving a torana (LJ) and the strength of the car is what saved her! not airbags.
we wouldn't need all this safety sh!t if we only made cars how they used to be...strong.

oh and just a fact, this bloke we know went into a pole sideways wrecked the car and his face big time, ambo's said if the airbag didn't come out he wouldn't of had a scratch on him maybe some bruising but not a broken nose, grazed face and sore ears.

sometimes there good sometimes there bad, but it shows that there not right for everyone.

also i just wanted to know what would happen if i took the fuse out, never said i was going to i wasn't sure if my mate was makin up **** or not, so thanks to all the flogs who jumped in here thought they knew what they were on about but were sadly just illeterate and need to learn how to read a post properly. heres a big thumbs up for the flogs:thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Actually, in newer cars they are designed to crumple. At 80 km/h head on impact your body is better off in a new car than an older car. Serious injury has decreased ALOT because of new car construction.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
heeno said:
airbags are there because the cars these days are made basicially of hardened plastic, if my old girl had been in one of todays cars when she had her head on with a tree @ 80km/h she would not have seen the light of day, however and luckly enough she was driving a torana (LJ) and the strength of the car is what saved her! not airbags.
we wouldn't need all this safety sh!t if we only made cars how they used to be...strong.

oh and just a fact, this bloke we know went into a pole sideways wrecked the car and his face big time, ambo's said if the airbag didn't come out he wouldn't of had a scratch on him maybe some bruising but not a broken nose, grazed face and sore ears.

sometimes there good sometimes there bad, but it shows that there not right for everyone.

also i just wanted to know what would happen if i took the fuse out, never said i was going to i wasn't sure if my mate was makin up **** or not, so thanks to all the flogs who jumped in here thought they knew what they were on about but were sadly just illeterate and need to learn how to read a post properly. heres a big thumbs up for the flogs:thumbsup:

Umm.....mate...errr...no.....wait....no...
Car are made to crumple on impact so the your body doesn't take the full impact of the crash...
In a strong car that doesn't crumple ur body decellerates over a shorter period of time but the force exerted my the seatbelt and through ur legs is much greater than in a car with a crumple zone where ur body decellerates over a longer time period....

Basic physics but jst for shits n giggles.... and to prove my point...

Step 1:
Find urself a plastic milk crate.... pretty sturdy n strong huh....(Strong old car).
Step 2:
Find urself some a pillow or 2 to the rough same size of the milk crate, note how when u apply pressure the compress.... alot like a crumple zone...
Step 3:
Strap the milk crate, not so u look like u have a milk crate helmet over ur face but the other way round....
Step 4:
Find a brick wall and charge at it with ur head down like a bull and the milk crate on it....:bang:
Step 5:
Wake up
Step 6:
Repeat step 4 but with the pillows strapped to ur head...

Note how ur less sore after the attempt with the pillows...:D

Thus the crumple zone effect.....:whistling

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Jesterarts said:
Umm.....mate...errr...no.....wait....no...
Car are made to crumple on impact so the your body doesn't take the full impact of the crash...
In a strong car that doesn't crumple ur body decellerates over a shorter period of time but the force exerted my the seatbelt and through ur legs is much greater than in a car with a crumple zone where ur body decellerates over a longer time period....

Basic physics but jst for shits n giggles.... and to prove my point...

Step 1:
Find urself a plastic milk crate.... pretty sturdy n strong huh....(Strong old car).
Step 2:
Find urself some a pillow or 2 to the rough same size of the milk crate, note how when u apply pressure the compress.... alot like a crumple zone...
Step 3:
Strap the milk crate, not so u look like u have a milk crate helmet over ur face but the other way round....
Step 4:
Find a brick wall and charge at it with ur head down like a bull and the milk crate on it....:bang:
Step 5:
Wake up
Step 6:
Repeat step 4 but with the pillows strapped to ur head...

Note how ur less sore after the attempt with the pillows...:D

Thus the crumple zone effect.....:whistling
LOL!!! Do you think you could video demonstration and post it here?