Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing abs fuse for big burnouts

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
is it true can you just remove the abs fuse to make burnouts in Vt's Vx's etc. easier, bigger and better. also i was told that you only go back to standard breaking with the fuse removed and to get abs back on just put the fuse back in and she'ss all back to normal.... is it really that easy?

sorry if it's a silly question but i don't understand how taking a fuse out will alow me to rip bigger.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
heeno said:
is it true can you just remove the abs fuse to make burnouts in Vt's Vx's etc. easier, bigger and better. also i was told that you only go back to standard breaking with the fuse removed and to get abs back on just put the fuse back in and she'ss all back to normal.... is it really that easy?

sorry if it's a silly question but i don't understand how taking a fuse out will alow me to rip bigger.
It wont make any difference, bar likely to register a fault.
AirStrike :air:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
heeno said:

youve got 195i you shoud not need to do anything exept press the loud pedal

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
ABS stops the brakes from locking it doesn't stop the wheels from breaking traction.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
removing the ABS fuse kills ABS and trac control, trac control can be overidden anyway with a push of a button, so whats the point?

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Don't go disconnecting anything for the sake of a burnout!.Utterly rediculous.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
kill -9 said:
removing the ABS fuse kills ABS and trac control, trac control can be overidden anyway with a push of a button, so whats the point?

no trac button, the point is i must be the only person in the world who has a V8 and it struggles (didn't say it doesn't, but it's an effort) to rip a skid, once the road gets the smallest bit damp it will bake and bake and i can almost go about 170m with both wheels goin off but soon as it hits dry bitumen it's got nothing but traction?! and thats when my mate said to remove the abs fuse to make it easier.

mind you though the fords i have had never took more then 2sec for smoke to be rising up near the window, v8 calais takes alot more effort.
i even had a toyota corolla smoke the front wheels easier then smokin the rear wheels in my calais. weird.:(

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
beeks said:
Don't go disconnecting anything for the sake of a burnout!.Utterly rediculous.
YEA I WOULDN'T BUT IF IT'S A EASY AS HE SAY'S IT IS THEN WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO FOR SHITS N GIGGLES, (sorry caps locks), but yea if it's that simple and doesn't wreck anything why not give it a go...

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
heeno said:
YEA I WOULDN'T BUT IF IT'S A EASY AS HE SAY'S IT IS THEN WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO FOR SHITS N GIGGLES, (sorry caps locks), but yea if it's that simple and doesn't wreck anything why not give it a go...
If your going to stress your entire vehicle by bagging it (up to) 170m in the wet,and then worry about why it won't do it when you hit dry tar,well,in due time you will wreck something.If you think it might be worth disconnecting fuses to see a bit more smoke,then go for your life!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
heeno said:
no trac button, the point is i must be the only person in the world who has a V8 and it struggles (didn't say it doesn't, but it's an effort) to rip a skid, once the road gets the smallest bit damp it will bake and bake and i can almost go about 170m with both wheels goin off but soon as it hits dry bitumen it's got nothing but traction?! and thats when my mate said to remove the abs fuse to make it easier.

mind you though the fords i have had never took more then 2sec for smoke to be rising up near the window, v8 calais takes alot more effort.
i even had a toyota corolla smoke the front wheels easier then smokin the rear wheels in my calais. weird.:(

Can you make sure you do this out the front of a police station? I like when idiots who do this ont he roads get caught :)