Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing and installing exterior window trim (bottom on the glass x2 and big piece)?

zach1240

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY15 SV6
Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the process of removing black window trim to replace with chrome?

I already have the genuine parts with clips supplied.

Is it just a matter of remove 1 x screw near front mirror and unclip then install new one? No adhesive? for top large bit. The the lower trim pieces unclip remove, then replace.

Any special techniques/guides would be much appreciated

cheers Black2chrometrim.jpg

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
One of the earlier threads has a download link to the workshop manuals - they have the full instructions on how to remove all trims inside and outside

zach1240

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY15 SV6
Thanks vk

I have the workshop manual all 12000 pages of it. Can only seem to find interior window trim and weather-shield. If someone knows exact page number(s) would be great

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
One of the earlier threads has a download link to the workshop manuals - they have the full instructions on how to remove all trims inside and outside

Do you have a link to this thread?
Just did a search and could not find anything - not one result. Would be great to have.

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
Thanks mate, Thats exactly what I searched for. Wonder why it didn't show any threads.