Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing badges (need help)

Roachie305

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II commodore EXEC
Crappy looking lights

I have heard of using this method to remove badges...
but i wouldnt mind removing the crappy looking things on the front door of this VS SII acclaim that i am looking at buying...
has NE one done it before?? coz they look like ****!! :p
cheers

BTW.. by crappy looking things on the side of the door... i meant the reflectors...!!

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
if you use the blow gun be careful not to burn the paint. i de badge cars everyday what works best is getting those strap things people put around boxes made of plastic and slide it under the badge then using something like prepsol on the glue to get that off

green5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator 5.7
the black stuff maybe urethane thats what some panel shops use when they run out of double sided tape, to get that off the easy way is to use a rubber wheel on the end of a drill, you can buy these for around 20 bucks at your local auto paints store.

using this i can usuall debage most cars under 5 mins with all glue removed, very handy tool

samvn87

homejobvn
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore series 1.vs series 2 esteem
rubber wheel think ur meaning a caramel wheel ay thatd work

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
My dad and I removed the badges of my Holden Commodore Executive Series II (makes me wish I bought a car with less letters and stickers on the back...) .

The 'Executive' and 'Series II' badges came off great, 'Commodore' we have managed to take off some paint, so I have to go get some touch up paint, and the 'Holden' seems to either have scratches or some glue left there, we really can't tell what it is because it doesnt feel like either, look s abit dodgey in some lighting.

Any idea how to fix up the 'Holden' side?

Ow also we used floss instead of fishing line...no one goes fishing in our family lol

Matt
:nutkick:
you forgot where you work? haha.fishing line starts at $3 :banstick:
i used a old membership card for strathfield :rofl2:

i'll take a look it on my way to work today,if its not that bad you might get away with scratch x2.0,who knows :thumbsup: actually scratch that,that prob. wouldnt work
i'll let you know when i see it yeah? :blah blah:

Last edited: