Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing badges (need help)

ozyprd

want to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
hi guys just wondering if any one nows how to remove the equipe badge for a vs commodore the ones on the back door i have taken all the others off but there is one on the car and i want it gone but it is like a hard gel type and i want to no if i try to take this one off will it stuff up the paint bcoz it only has one on the car so someone has taken the other side off and the trims down the side are the same i would like to no if these will damage the paint any help is much appreciated thanks matt

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
Fishing line, cut the double side tape with fishing line clean whats left with solvent. Test solvent under boot lid to test if ok to use before you use on exterior paint.

ozyprd

want to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
so will that get the badge off as well or just the strips because the normal badges were easy

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
that was for the badges. use fishing line like a cheese cutter (remember cutting clay from the slab back in primary school with wire?)

to remove the trim, (I assume you mean the pinstripe trim along the doors?) you may be able to use the same method? i havent done that, so i can't help, i like my trims! :p

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
ok i did my equipe badges not too long ago, came up great.

fishing line doesnt work on the equipe badges.
get a blow dryer, heat up the badge (bout 30 seconds) then peel the badge off with ur fingers.
u then will have all the glue that goes with it. use Eucalyptus oil to remove this.
looks factory

ozyprd

want to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
thanks holden thats wat i thought but i didnt want to try until someone else said the same thing the wife would kill me for sure if i stuffed her paint

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
haha yeah i was scared to do mine too.

it takes awhile to get all the bits of glue off but. set a side bout 20-30 minutes a badge.
well thats how long it took me coz i was being realllly careful.

Jakehayes92

TUFF.SPAC
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S 3800
Vr trims

Hey everyone i have just brought a vr and am wanting to take trim off i managed to get the trim off and double sided tape off but cant seem to get the black silicone type glue off that was under it any help pleasssssseeee ???????

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
My dad and I removed the badges of my Holden Commodore Executive Series II (makes me wish I bought a car with less letters and stickers on the back...) .

The 'Executive' and 'Series II' badges came off great, 'Commodore' we have managed to take off some paint, so I have to go get some touch up paint, and the 'Holden' seems to either have scratches or some glue left there, we really can't tell what it is because it doesnt feel like either, look s abit dodgey in some lighting.

Any idea how to fix up the 'Holden' side?

Ow also we used floss instead of fishing line...no one goes fishing in our family lol