Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing door moulds

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
hey guys

i want to replace my stock black exterior door moulds to the calais chrome moulds, i have all the pieces.
the thing that im struggling with is the door strips, i can remove the over the door pieces and the QTR window piece but i dont know how to get those strips off on the bottom of the doors.

i know it would have been covered b4 but i couldnt find it.
thanx guys

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
hey mate, you got them home. are you happy with them?....

For the front, you need to take your front door vents off,

then take the Black peice that has the screws to the Side veiw mirror's (remove The mirror's)

then all you need to do is wind the window all the waydown and you will see little "tabs" that are holding the Black strip onto the door (just pry it up evenly) use a flat head screwdriver.

check the ends of the doors for screws the back one have em but i dunno bnout fronts
after undoing the screws holding it on the back doors you can nearlly pull them off

sorry if this makes no sense.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
there should be a screw at each end (on the inside of the door) one might be covered by rubber oly just though you should still see it......then pry it off like the front ones...did you get fronties off??......

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
and what and where is your memcal from?? how much etc?? is your beast an auto??