Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing drivers seat

S

Sahab

I need to replace the motor on the drivers seat. I have decided to just buy a completely new seat with the motor and everything. Anyone know how to remove the seat? Are there any sensors that connect the seat to the airbag system?

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Should be just four bolts holding it in. Undo them with maybe a 10 or 12 mL socket. Then just feel around the bottom of the seat for wires and if there are wires running from the seat to the car, look along them to find where they're clipped together. Once you find them, it's just a matter of squeezing and pulling them in a certain way.

GOOD LUCK!!!

RichardW

Reaction score
It is as easy as taking out 4 bolts and unclipping 2 or 3 wires, should take you about 5 mins, there is nothing tricky at all.

Airbags are connected to Steering wheel and side door nothing to do with teh seat.

Good luck

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
You will have to unplug the seatbelt pretensioner wiring, as well as the electric adjustment wires.

If you have a side airbag (they are inside the seat) you MUST, and I stress ABSOLUTELY MUST take the negative terminal off the battery, and DO NOT, whatever you do, turn the ignition on until everything is plugged back in & double checked.
The SIAB (side impact air bag) wiring has a yellow or orange plug near the rear of the runners - just like the motor's wiring plug.

If you don't disconnect the battery, it will throw up an airbag fault and the only way to correct it is to go to holden and have them clear it with a Tech2 (read: $$$).

It is always a good idea to disconnect the battery whenever you work on ANY electrical system of the vehicle.

S

Sean

Ok First of all

Disconnect your Battery negative side

move the seat forward and remove the bolt covers from the rails they pull off.
take a 16mm socket and undo the bolts and take them out .

push seat backwards on rails and do the same to the front

you should now have the seat removed from the body of the vehicle but not the wiring

You will have the pretensioners to disconnect yellow wire and orange wire disconnect them after u have taken the battery negative side off for at least 10 seconds as the module for the airbag located under the centre console will make the airbags go off if fiddled with within 10 seconds i leave it 15 seconds and take the fuse out as well

you can then take out the seat and remove the drivers seat

if u have ordered just the seat base from holden comes with motor on it it will need to be bolted to the underside of the seat. I had one today at work Vx Acclaim wagon with a movement in the seat when accelerating .

If u have the seat base only (rails and motor assembly) then u will need to have a 14mm spanner to undo the bolts and remove the rail (the bolts are hard to get to btw). once u have them undone then bolt the new rail on

you will possibly need to then remove the pretensioner Wiring harness from the old rails and put them on the new rail and motor then once thats done put seat back into car in reverse order to taking out

Any problems just ask

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Torana said:
Should be just four bolts holding it in. Undo them with maybe a 10 or 12 mL socket. Then just feel around the bottom of the seat for wires and if there are wires running from the seat to the car, look along them to find where they're clipped together. Once you find them, it's just a matter of squeezing and pulling them in a certain way.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Nice advice , ever seen what happens when you set an aibag off ?
If you dont disconnect the battery then there is every chance the pre tensioner could be deployed , all from someone saying , yeah its as easy as 4 bolts.

IF YOU HAVN'T DONE IT THEN DONT OFFER ADVICE !!!

V

vtacclaim

Wires under seats

If the airbags are in the pillar or door and not part of the seat then why does my acclaim have wires under the passenger seat? The passenger seat isn't electric, so i can only attribute the wires to the Airbag. The only other explaination is that the seats are one make left and right and they just don't put the motor on the passenger's. I'm going to get all this checked out in my 100,000 k service, as the passenger seat back is held on with a cable tie, so i'm a bit worried that the whole thing is dodge. has anyone had a seat back fall off for any reason?

Cheers,

Wardy

R

rattattack1313

brains...

according to this manual of :king: Garths,there is a "Brain"(sensing diagnostic module) under the drivers seat...and it says..
" Warning!! Disconnecting the battery cables or pulling fuses does not disable the SRS system.Perform following procedure before working around any SIR components to avoid possible damage or serious injury...Point the steering wheels straight ahead.Turn key to LOCK position.Access the instrument panel fuse box by swinging down the cover on the right lower side of the steering column.Remove the fuse F18.To disable the drivers airbag, dissconnect the yelllow wiring connector located at the steering column on the left hand side. To dissable the passenger side airbag, dissconnect the wiring connector at the uppper right of the fuse box.It has 2 wires and is yellow.It is secured by an "assurance" clip on a tie as welll as the ususal retaining clip.........
Enabling the system.....Refit drivers side airbag connector at the base of the steering column and the passenger side airbag connector (if equipped) at the upper right corner of the fuse panel.Refit fuse and fuse cover.Test the system by turning on the key to the "ON" positon.....The AIRBAG light should illuminate for 2 seconds and then shut off.If the warning lamp stays illuminated, or an audible BEEPIng is heardther eis a fault in the system,which should be diagnosed by a dealer servership............hope that helps a bit....