Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing front and rear windows in 1 piece

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
The other day I had to strip a few cars, and getting all the glass out was something which had to be done. The windows with rubber seals weren't a problem, but the ones which don't have a seal, and just use the sikaflex gear and stick straight to the car, I couldn't think of a way to remove in 1 piece, so had to use a crow bar and smash them and lever them out.

I know there's a tool which is pretty much 2 handles and a cable in the middle, so ya somehow slice the sikaflex all the way around, does anyone know wat they're called?

Anyone know any other way to remove them in 1 piece?

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
a good stanley knife working from the outside slice around the windscreen through the sikaflex then on the inside slice around the outside towards the edge of the glass then carefully remove the glass, patience is the key and some screens may still shatter even the windscreen replacers shatter them sometimes.:bang:
the tool you are talking about is similar to a garot (spelling?) used for choking the sh!t out of your target, mark or victim and I believe a thin piece of piano wire is ideal for the job.:yeah::thumbsup: