Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing fuel injectors on l67 vs v6

Vssupercharged

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais
Hey everyone i need to get the fuel injectors cleaned and was just wondering the best way to go about removing them would be as its supercharged so its different from just removing the plenum on the standard ecotec

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Remove the plastic cover from the top of the engine, this will expose the fuel rail. Undo the bolts holding the fuel rail down, unplug the injector wires, un-clip the injector clips and then gently lift the fuel rail up. Some of the injectors maybe a little tight to get out, just give them a wiggle.
When putting them back in, use a little rubber grease on the o rings.

Bradley Molloy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 3.8l
Mine won't just pull out I've got a vs series 2 3.8l and the injector rail has no room to lift out any suggestions?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ecotec or L67?

Bradley Molloy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 3.8l
Ecotec I managed to get them off found out I had to remove the throttle body manifold got them out gave them a clean 2 were just dripping so I think there no good had no choice but to put them back in to get to work today ran rough on the way back does

Bradley Molloy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 3.8l
Does anyone know were to get a decent set of reconditiond injectors? Can't afford brand new (in adelaide)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a bloke in Lonsdale who will reco them for you, can't remember his name. But when I had some recoed it was about 25 bucks an injector.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Try username THE1 he pops in here from time to time or you can contact him at pcmhacking.net forums
I got a set of reco injectors from him a few years ago and they are still going strong.....

Bradley Molloy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 3.8l
I took them out and gave them a clean by hooking them up to a 9v battery 3 were spraying like normal but 3 were only dribbling at best does that mean there completely stuffed or would I be able to still get those ones reconditiond?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
they are prob just blocked and need a good ultrasonic clean, or run injector cleaner through em..you can get service kits for em, new O-ring and pintal(spulling?) caps

Last edited: