Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Fuel Line

billybag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm just chasing some advice on the best way to remove the fuel return line coming off the fuel filter leading back to the tank. I need to replace this as i broke the plastic fitting that clips onto the filter. It leads into such a small space and i cant get my hand up far enough to release with clip. The image below shows which line im talking about, which has a fitting about 30cm along towards the tank.
p1040337o.jpg

Last edited:

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
The fuel system on the VZ is returnless.
Cannot view your image.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I'm just chasing some advice on the best way to remove the fuel return line coming off the fuel filter leading back to the tank. I need to replace this as i broke the plastic fitting that clips onto the filter. It leads into such a small space and i cant get my hand up far enough to release with clip. The image below shows which line im talking about, which has a fitting about 30cm along towards the tank.
p1040337o.jpg

there is a special tool to remove it which make it 100x easier than using a screw driver or somthing. I think there like $5 on ebay

billybag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Cannot view your image.

Are you sure? The part im replacing has a tag on it that says Fuel Return on it and there are two lines that lead to the tank, the other line says Feed Line. I will use this other image, you can see on the line running off the top of the filter that leads to the left of the image is the one im replacing.
P1040337.jpg

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
yeah seen it done before, you will need to drop the fuel tank to access the fitting on the top of it

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cannot view your image.

the fuel pressure regulator is where?

the t piece that runs back to the tank is a for the fuel pressure regulator which is contained in the fuel pump setup,

billybag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
the fuel pressure regulator is where?

the t piece that runs back to the tank is a for the fuel pressure regulator which is contained in the fuel pump setup,

and the only way to access it is to drop the fuel tank?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
and the only way to access it is to drop the fuel tank?

you dont have to take it all the way out, if youve got something that can support the tank relatively evenly, you only need to drop it about 5 inches and squeeze you hand up there, it makes it hard though if your not used to releasing the clips all the time

billybag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
all done. it was alot easier to remove the fuel tank than i thought it would be. thanks for the advice! :thumbsup: