Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing fuel pump from vk calias v8

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
SL/ENUT said:
Nope VK V8s never got the internal pump, I know HDT was playing around with a few in the VK series, wasn't untill the HDT VL V8s got the internal pump, Holden still used the old mechanical pump on the block.

Well my VK Calais 308 is pretty stock and it has an electric in-tank fuel pump. As the manual says, it also has the special fuel pump relay in the fuse box.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Hmmmm thats strange. They must have it then. Although the one owner 1985 one i looked at didn't have one.
I had a look in my VB-VK parts book and it says that they do have them.
So i am wrong and 308vkcalais is right :)

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
V8 Fuel Pumps

SL/ENUT said:
Nope VK V8s never got the internal pump, I know HDT was playing around with a few in the VK series, wasn't untill the HDT VL V8s got the internal pump, Holden still used the old mechanical pump on the block.
Do your info b4 you post.You don't drive a V8 VK to know what's what...!!We had this rot 2 weeks back when in a diffrent post you INSISTED the VK's had no Vacuum operated Air/Heater Controls & they do.Do us a favour & go buy a V8 VK so next time you post you know what it is you're talking about...

vk383

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk383
ha ha,well said 308vkcalais

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Fuel Pumps

ported said:
lol settle down guys. Ok so we had come to the conclution that it does have one in the tank now how the fck do i get it out??
Ok, here's my old SL Fuel Pump, well sender coz it dun have an internal pump(for the benefit of ppl whom don't know)so dun look for the internal pump as it is the old Mechanically drawn type on the SL's.The Sender unit face, we'll call it twists into the tank clockwise or anticlockwise, if your left handed like me as shown in the pic.The tank itself has the notched out cutout for the pump body, sender face wateva you wanna call it.It also has a rubber ring you'll need to replace it wif & sum gasket goo for a nice waterproof seal.So grab a good meaty bladed flat headed screwy & tap it around, but dun kill it & make sure you're low on fuel or you'll get a drink..:drink:

Attachments

• Fuel Pump & Tank(SL).JPG
    Fuel Pump & Tank(SL).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,910

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
getting back to the in tank pump thing, if theres a 3 pin terminal on the sender face with a rubber insulated plug going to it then its the electric in tank pump, one of the wires is violet, cant remember the colour 0f the other two.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Members Ride
SL/ENUT reply

308vkcalais said:
Do your info b4 you post.You don't drive a V8 VK to know what's what...!!We had this rot 2 weeks back when in a diffrent post you INSISTED the VK's had no Vacuum operated Air/Heater Controls & they do.Do us a favour & go buy a V8 VK so next time you post you know what it is you're talking about...
In response to SL/ENUT's private message to me claiming "mate I've worked on heaps of VK V8's & not all of them have the internal Fuel Pumps" well you're wrong because V8 VK's had internal fuel pumps fitted from the factory.
Now to your second wrong claim that the "vacuum operated Air/Heater controls are only on VK's with Air" is crap aswell because the Vac operates the demister, floor vent, Bi-level vent & exterior bonnet cowl vent, so it has shite to do with having air con fitted or not.So you're wrong twice again cobber..
Thirdly to another one of your incorrect claims that the "VL's use the old VB type cable set up for the Heater/Air" is also way off the mark because Holdens & Fords began using the Vacuum operated Air/Heater controls from 1984 onwards claiming it was a break though in technology.The only thing 'RARE' about you mate is that you are RARE-ly right.