Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing heater control

Jorgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
I have already posted about this in the air-con section, but wanted to cover all bases to see if anyone can help me with this one.

am having trouble with the vent selector in my VS 5.0l ute. There seems to be a leak in the vacuum lines leading to the airvent selector. No matter what setting the selector is on it only blows out the feet vents. When I move the selector is hisses but doesn't stop or change the vents. I have looked at the vacuum lines and they all seem to be plugged in and un-broken, and the noise seems to be coming from the switch itself. My only problem is I can't work out how to get the entire switch assembly out of the car to service/replace it due to the metal rod that goes back from the heater switch to a white clip in the left of the drivers footwell. If anyone knows how to undo that without breaking it then I can fix the problem... cheers,

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Turn the heater dial all the way to cold and pull the unit out of the surround as far as you can. The metal rod has a small 90* bend at the control unit end and a small plastic hook clips over the rod to keep them connected. Undo this clip and the rod will disconnect (the clip will be tight). Once the rod is out of the way it is just a matter of disconnecting the electrical plug and the grouping of vacuum hoses.

Jorgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Thanks for that, will give it a go when I get a chance...