Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Instrument Panel.

Combo

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Exec S1
Hi all,
complete n00b here so please be gentle . My '94 vr exec. has a busted odometer. I realise that it is probly just a gear stripped and the auto elec has tole me that it will be heaps cheeper if i just thake him the instrument panel rather than the whole car. So how do i remove the panel.

All the other how-to's i have used from this site have been great. Hoping someone can help. Thanks

B

Birdie

Hey Combo,

all ya need to do is remove the two screws at the top and pull the plastic facia off. Once the plastic fascia is off there are two screws at the bottom of the insrument cluster, take them out. Then you can remove the instrument cluster.

All the best,
Birdie

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Would be interested in how much he quoted you for the job because pulling the cluster out is the easiest part of the whole job!!!

Besides does he have the gear to test it once he fixes it? Probably not but having said that it WILL be the small gear in the speedo odometer so he should be confident about the repair.

Regards Guy.