Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing LPG in a vy ecotec

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
g'day my name nermal and i am looking at buying a vy s pack manual ecotec and unfortunately im not having too much luck with finding one that is to my liking, im mostly looking for one that has under 100,000kms on the clock or close to it, and the colour ether white, black or blue (not hot house green or red) and has to be completely stock standard, i have only found one that is close to what i am looking for but unfortunately in comes with LPG gas installed:bang:, so my question is this just because i am curios is it easy to remove LPG gas and the gas lines out of an vy ecotec or how much is it to get it removed professionally because for 1 i dont like LPG gas and 2 i need to make room for my subs cause i need all the room i can get lol, if you are selling a vy s pack manual that is close to what i am looking for please dont hesitate to reply aswell cause i need all the help i can get.

cheers :thumbsup:

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
hey mate, i cant help you with finding your car, was just wondering why you'd give up THOUSANDS of dollars worth of saved petrol money, over a fully sik sound system, just my opinion but with the way the economy is going its not the brightest thing to go about doing. Im gettin my exec LPG'd in a couple weeks, and it costs $37 to fill up everytime! Add the numbers man and ya might think twice. :thumbsup:

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
hey mate, i cant help you with finding your car, was just wondering why you'd give up THOUSANDS of dollars worth of saved petrol money, over a fully sik sound system, just my opinion but with the way the economy is going its not the brightest thing to go about doing. Im gettin my exec LPG'd in a couple weeks, and it costs $37 to fill up everytime! Add the numbers man and ya might think twice. :thumbsup:

yeah you have a good point there but i have forever been told that LPG damages the engine really fast and that last thing i want is to get a newish car and then have to pay for a new engine, and on top of that i will be saving money on fuel regardless if it is on gas or not cause at the moment i drive a stock standard vl commodore the only mods are extractors and 2 and a half inch exhaust from the cat back and i am only getting 200ks per tank (that is about 40-43 liters everytime i fill up) and i have spent about 5 grand just keeping it running:cry:, so that is why i need to change cars so 450-550ks on fuel doesnt bother me :thumbsup:

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
i hav a vy that come as an option when bought brand new for dual fuel...

it can run on lpg or petrol...

and im a p plater so yes im into the doof doof systems as wel... i have 2 amps and dual subs in the back and it fits just fine....

and me being a p plater i run around alot you kno wit the mates and all.. its a real gift to be able to fill up for like $30 from empty compared to my old VT which was like 50-60 bucks a tank..

just a thought mate depends how much doof doof ur having in the back but some doof doof does fit man..

cheers

nermal

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh v6 statesman
i hav a vy that come as an option when bought brand new for dual fuel...

it can run on lpg or petrol...

and im a p plater so yes im into the doof doof systems as wel... i have 2 amps and dual subs in the back and it fits just fine....

and me being a p plater i run around alot you kno wit the mates and all.. its a real gift to be able to fill up for like $30 from empty compared to my old VT which was like 50-60 bucks a tank..

just a thought mate depends how much doof doof ur having in the back but some doof doof does fit man..

cheers

fair enough the sub box will be going under the parcel shelf and will stick out from the parcel shelf by about 20cm which means between the box and the boot lid from the very back of the car i will only have about 20-25cm at most in boot space, i have measured it all up in my mates vy so im not going to have much boot space at all, the box is 930mm wide and 450mm deep and14inch's high so its a massive box designed to make a lot of noise:yeah:

batty_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY
ohhh hahah then ther u go lol..

ive mounted my 2 amps under the seats tho so yeah

u might hav a bit of trouble then :p

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Are you serious stuff the stereo been there done that half deaf now and only 30!!!! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but lpg is cheap and simply brilliant. Don't beleive all the hype there is no way it will stuff a brand new engine and if it does stuff the engine it was destined to be stuffed anyway. Look at Taxis they all run lpg and they run high klms. Also lpg will keep your engine cleaner with less carbon deposits. The fuel is also cleaner burning which equals less emmisions and the lpg system hooked up to cooling system will actually aid in keeping the engine at a more reliable cooler operating temperature. Although our spastic government is going to put the price up over the next couple of years just because.