Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Pinstripes?

B

big_c_43

I know that there have been some previous threads about how to remove pinstripes but i cant find them so if everyone doesnt mind telling it would be much appreciated or if someone would post the link to the previuos threads on this topic that would also be much appreciated.

I also started this thread though to get everyones opinions on wot they think about taking the pinstripes off of my car (weather or not i should do it)

Below is a pick of my car. I am not sure if i should take the pinstripes off becaus im not too sure as to how it would look (quality of the paint underneath) and im not sure if it would be best to keep the car looking original because it is in imacculate condition.

So plz everyone it would be much appreciated if u could help me on this one.

Attachments

• my_vk_1.jpg
    my_vk_1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 285

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
heat gun is the best to get pinstriping off

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
definately take them off mate, if you dont have a heat gun just heat little sections at a time up with a hairdryer, and then they just peal off. the paint underneath might be different (probably brighter) than the rest, but nothing a cut n polish wont smooth out :thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
If you have some mad patience a flathead screw driver, but dont f it up or you need to use primer.