Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Rear Garnish?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ok I went to take my VN Berlina garnish off yesterday to replace it with my VP one, but I cant get it off.

I took the 8 screws off behind it from the boot... But then it wouldnt budge still... Turns out theres also 8 blobs of scholastic holding it on... So i cut through 4 of the blobs but still wouldnt move..

It LOOKS like its held on by brackets behind it as well... Has anyone else had this problem?

My original plates were held on by scholastic as well, so im guessin thats come from the old owner for some reason, but its these brackets that are giving me the shits. Anyone had this or got any suggestions? They're actual screws from what I can see and I obviously cant get a screwdriver in there...

Should I just use a hammer or something and smash it off?

Also while on the topic, is there a place behind the garnish that the wiring for the lights in the VP garnish can go through?

H

HATER VP

No dont smash it. Is there silastic at the top of it? For some reason I thought there was only 4 bolts holding the VN garnishis on but im sure im wrong. If that is the case I wouldnt be suprised if there is silastic im all different places. The old owner probley put silastic in there to stop boot leaks.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
try gettin sime fishin line behind it if der is more silastic behind it runnit through to cut it. And yeah once its on tint em! Vns look sick with tinted lights n garnish

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
i was gonna say use dental floss behind it and saw it off [solastic] but thinking about it using fishing line might be better like Kritical said

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i'll get the rest of the scholastic off today with fishing line. I aint got no dental floss left after i took the door trim off lol.

I think the scholastic might be there to stop the boot rattling cause of the subs...

. And yeah once its on tint em! Vns look sick with tinted lights n garnish

Im actually thinking of painting it white, then getting clear altezza's for the back...maybe. If not I will be tinting it :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an update... I got the garnish off... there was tonnes of solastic on it and underneath some bracket things that hold the VN ones on. But I got it off and the VP one is on now.

I had to drill 3 holes through the boot. 1 for the wiring for the number plate light, 2 for the top middle screws which dont line up with the VN ones.

But it looks much better now and will be legal once I wire up the number plate lights. :yeah:

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
I had to drill three holes in my boot lid aswell for the same reason. cause i put a kit on my car there was no more number plate lights so i replaced mine with the lexcen rear garnish instead and have clear altenzza lights.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
cohn said:
I had to drill three holes in my boot lid aswell for the same reason. cause i put a kit on my car there was no more number plate lights so i replaced mine with the lexcen rear garnish instead and have clear altenzza lights.

Same reason as me hehe. You got a pic of the back of your car with the lexcen garnish man and the clear altezza lights?