Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing resistor on delco ecu with W/B input

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hey all, I've tried searching online but cannot find it again.
Previously saw it on delco hacking as: when you have a wideband such as mtx-l hooked up to your ecu for datalog info, there is a resistor on the ecu that is 'easy to remove' and doing so means my datalog will match my gauge reading.
At the moment they are roughly 2points out from each other.

If anyone can post a picture, or find the page and link to it for me, that would be much appreciated.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey all, I've tried searching online but cannot find it again.
Previously saw it on delco hacking as: when you have a wideband such as mtx-l hooked up to your ecu for datalog info, there is a resistor on the ecu that is 'easy to remove' and doing so means my datalog will match my gauge reading.
At the moment they are roughly 2points out from each other.

If anyone can post a picture, or find the page and link to it for me, that would be much appreciated.
Funny you mention this, I was trying to find this info last night. Also have the mtx-l and just had to replace the sensor. Thing was going haywire.

I have the later 531 pcm in my vs currently so no need to remove the pullup resistor for wideband input. However I do have another 424 that I'll be using for another project (yet another vs lol) and have an NVram in that too.

People mentioned it being spoken about in the NVram instructions, but theres no mention that I can see. I gave up looking. I saw delcowizzid mention it a few weeks back which is what got me thinking about it. I'm sure he'll be able to help out.

BTW tags still don't work for me, not sure whether they work for others?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
People mentioned it being spoken about in the NVram instructions, but theres no mention that I can see. I gave up looking. I saw delcowizzid mention it a few weeks back which is what got me thinking about it. I'm sure he'll be able to help out.
Good thinking mate. You have reminded me that if I turn my laptop on I think there is a document with the info in it.

I'll see what I can find.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is a picture in the 11p overview PDF file that comes in the 11p zip file. page 11

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Remove the resistor follow the instructions in the 11p zip folder its easy to heat with you iron and slide it sideways off the pads there's not much else close to it to get in the way.you can't adjust around it as soon as you pop it off it should read fine
This seems to say the same

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Awesome. Just for reference for others in future: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3798
Cheers mate.
I found it in there:
Screenshot_20200406_070340.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Got busy, but pulled ecu out today. (2 plug clips and one screw).
Might pull it apart this arvo and have a look.