Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing the Drivers side external door handle

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I am removing my four external door handles on the VE anniversary commodore so I can repaint them. Now I have seen a few videos on how to remove the ones without the locks and I also had practice replacing the other VE commodore we have rear door handle that was broken but since I want to remove the four external door handles on the VE anniversary I need to know how to remove the drivers side one that has the lock in it. Is it the same as the other 3 doors? Or is a different technique needed. Its always best to ask first otherwise you might stuff things up.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Same thing with the bolt on the inside but just need to unclip the rod from the barrel assembly when you pull it out

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Same thing with the bolt on the inside but just need to unclip the rod from the barrel assembly when you pull it out
"O" I was able to squeeze the main handle out after I remove the Plastic thing that I want to paint and after remove that bit with the key Hole I was able to remove the main Handle.
I got it out, Hope it goes on OK
1/ removed the Bolt,
2/ Remove the Cover, the one I want to paint, yes the cover with the Key Hole come's out with one click.
3/ Moved Slightly the Key section in one way that allow the main handle to come out. It came out with a little of effort. The trick was removing that Plastic cover with the hole for the key. Without doing this you have buckly to remove all. Yes the Cast Alloy key is still there as you dont need to remove it.

Hope I did not cause issue inside the Door otherwise it will be a door trim removal job and re- connect that rod as long as I have not sruffed something inside