Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing the stock tape player

blakestone01

No dice..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Hey guys well as the topic states im trying to get my stock tape player out of my vk. I've tried searching for similar topics but found nothing :bang:

By the looks of it you have to remove the whole dash to get it out? Is that the only way? Im sure there is some easy way and im just not thinking straight :sleeping:

Thanks

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
There might be 2 screws holding it in there.. u might even try wiggling it out ?

blakestone01

No dice..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Ive removed all the screws that I can see
picture011lz0.jpg

I dont want to snap anything as I might put it back in one day.

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
i think you need to remove the heater controls on the left and there is one more screw hiding behind the controls.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i think by memory when i took mine out(years ago) there was two screws holding the radio to the frame behind it, and i had to remove the top part of the dash:bang:

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
I agree with Trosal's comment about the screws at the back. The radio is held in place by a bracket at the back of the radio, there is no point trying to pull it out without undoing this first.

You need to remove the instrument cluster surround panel (the black plastic piece with the centre air vents on it) by undoing the 4 screws, 3 at the top and 1 under the touch control panel (demister, electric antenna buttons, etc).

Once this is out there is a screw above the radio towards the back. This holds the bracket in place. This bracket is attached to the back of the radio. This screw is a bit hard to get to so try using a swiss army knife that has a screwdriver attachment, its nice and short.

This should make it a bit easier to get out once you've done that and removed the radio suround panel and heater controls.

P.S. the 4 screws you've undone in the pic just hold the face of the radio on so you may as well put them back in.