Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Vinyl wrap

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey guys,

Got a question about vinyl wrap on my car.

So I bought it a month ago and the previous owner had two stripes wrapped down the top of the car. Its been on for almost two years.
My question is, if I take it off, will it be noticeable that there was wrapping on the panels due to fading paint?

Cheers

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Might be

Total unknown due to weather and such affecting the exposed paintwork

Good polish on panels affected and such will bring colour of exposed probably closer to the hidden paint

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Don't know about fading paint from wrap, but I do know stick on signs, after removal, still show where the signs were, so I believe you will definitely see where the wrap has been.
I had a commodore years ago that had signs on it for only 3 years from new, and even after a repaint 9 years later (12 year old car), you could still see the business name when looking in certain light.
It was a white car.
It looked almost as if the lettering had sucked the paint up and made it stand out.
As uni said, maybe a good buff with cutting compound.

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I'm too scared to try and take it off, running the risk of having two dark stripes down the top of the car haha. I might even take it to a panel beater or a place where they wrap cars and see what they think. Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good luck