Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VS door trim and mouldings

zoomer65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, 69 beetle carrera convertible
OK so maybe I'm an idiot but after removing a whole swag of screws, window winder, aircon vents and assorted plastic paraphenalia i have ground to a halt at the inside door lock button.
I'm not usually technically inept but for the first time in years I feel like a neanderthal faced with a pile of silicon chips and instructions in chinglish.

How do i get this annoying critter off so i can rip off the trim and attack the dodgy door mechanism?

zoomer65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, 69 beetle carrera convertible
ok so i am an idiot

After much cursing, throwing of tools, scraping of knuckles and generally stuffing around i noticed the tiny little scratch mark made by the last idiot to attempt this mind warping task.....yep the orange idiot strip on the door lock hides the secret spring loaded clip that reveals the even more secret final screw to the puzzle.

I have added this new skill to my resume and I'm sending it off to NASA, ASIO and the CIA. I reckon if I can crack this one I can easily rip off national secrets or build space shuttles.

Then again I might just send it to a mechanic from now on and stick to working on my 69 beetle.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
LOL !!! wait till you want to remove the headrests !!!