Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VS Headlight Switch *Help*

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey Guys,

Just wondering how to remove the headlight switch from the dash surround facia. The facia its-self is out of the car, the one i'm putting in actually has no switch in it - but I have 2 facias with the switches in so I just need to move the switch from one facia to another so I can put it in the car :)

Any advice much appreciated!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
To remove the headlight switch,the VS gregorys manual says:
A)Carefully pull the outer knob, and then the inner rheostat ring from the switch.
B)Using suitable long nose pliers,turn the switch retaining bezel anti clockwise and withdraw the switch from the instrument cluster surround panel..

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
If your acually looking to remove and replace the switch from the dash surround pannel, all you have to do is Prize the switch part off. To do that get a little flat bladed screwdriver and put it into the side where the dimmer switch is and slowly work it off. You should be able to work out the rest from there.
Hey Guys,

Just wondering how to remove the headlight switch from the dash surround facia. The facia its-self is out of the car, the one i'm putting in actually has no switch in it - but I have 2 facias with the switches in so I just need to move the switch from one facia to another so I can put it in the car :)

Any advice much appreciated!

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
took me a bit to figure it out the first time I took mine out to lol