Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing VT/VX dash(plastic surround) tutorial?

VXjeremy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
hey guys just wondering if anyone has a link to a step by step removal of the plastic dash surround in a VT/VX? preferably with pictures because i have no idea how it all works.

i'm doing this so i can paint it piano black but the painter i know said leave it in and just tape it up because its a bitch to get out and you'll most likely break a couple clips getting it out but if theres a good tutorial then why not...plus i hate the whole idea of just taping something up and painting around it

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
mate search, i have done a write up on someones thread before and cbf doing it again :p

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
its easy as, just gotta remove a couple of screws..
funny that your painting yours piano black cos so am i
my stuff is at the painters already

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
i was thinking about doing mine bermuda blue to match the outside but wasn't sure if i would then have to do the guage face aswell to break up the darker colours, so i left it, but now that a job from phreddy is on the cards (ohyeah) i'm thinking it may be worth the effort
:p

VXjeremy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
yeah true its worth it

just another quick question. Does anyone know what type of paint piano black is? like gloss? metallic? i need to tell the painter thats doing my dash

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
if your painter doesn't know what piano black is, then he should find a new profession.....
its a really high gloss black