Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VT/VX door trim

fullboost

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
What's the best way to get the window crank off ?

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Get a tea towel and slide it up and under the handle. Pull it round and up one side and it should pull out the inner clamp with it. Watch in case it springs off out of sight.

sarah79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hi, firstly id like to say this is a wonderful site for someone like me that has no idea about cars lol
My question: I have removed my door trim (followed instructions in orginial post) my window mechanism is stuffed and i thought i could get to it to see what the problem was, i was wrong - after removing the door trim theres plastic there, do i just pull that off and will i be able to access the mechanism?

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Hey guys I'm having great difficulty lining up the black clip on the inside of the trim that sits in that silver bracket on the door. My trim has an annoying squealing/chirping bird noise from the trim and I say that's the culprit, any tricks on how to line it up?

EDIT: all good, worked out how to do get it, quite easy, guess I was having a stupid moment

Last edited:

lyndave

Lyndave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Sedan 50TH Anniversary
thanks for the info , I was lucky , the orange tab didn't break, I just preyed it out with a small screw driver from the top

hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
How do I open my front passenger door? It was working fine before but cant seem to open it now..

Stephania

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Holden Commodore VX
My Drivers door wont open. I have removed lock trim and handle and trying to get air vent off now. How do I get to other screws at the bottom and on the outside of door if the door cannot open??
Has anyone removed the drivers door trim with the door that cannot open??
Any advice would be much appreciated!!