Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Vz Door Moulds

Ryan272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
ok stupid title, bit over tired and cant think of what youd call them, but the "moulds" on the exterior of the doors, (black on execs, usually colour coded on other models) that run from the front of the drivers door to the rear of the passenger door, what are they attached with and are they simple enough to remove without damging the paint? mine are looking a bit tired and the drivers door one has a crack through it, so i thought id just take them off, looks better with them off anyways. id normally just go ahead and do it, but thought id see if anyone could offer some advice?

kblume

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina V6
They are held on with sikaflex and double-sided tape. I removed the ones off my VZ Lumina when i had it, took 5 hours per side, was a total pain in the ass! You will need a couple of caramel wheels per side, some sharp razor blades and LOTS of patience..

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
agreed they look better without them especially if they arent colour coded.

ive never done it but if its the same glue as the badges ive heard that a hairdryer can help losen the glue.