Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

renting

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
wow . i have started looking for a place to rent , i never thought it would be so hard to get into a house , the market is crazy . I have applied for 5 so far no good and ive rang up about several more and by time i ring they are gone . Any agents out there with some tips or willing to give me a hand im in dandenong victoria willing to go in where in a 30km radius of here .:bang:
Thanks in advance for any help

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
yeah we are saving for a house but with a baby on the way it wont happen soon enough . and we have worked out a budget that will allow us to rent and save , so it will only be a 12 or 24 month thing , just so we have our own space and can start learning what it is like with a family . it is not the ideal option but we will be happy to rent and have a family there . never wanted to rent but have lil choice at the moment and i dont want to 100% finance a house .
any one else out there with help

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
rent money is dead money...save for a house thats my advice

so so true, if your on a low wage, you will never get out of it..... in saying that im going to have a look at a house tomorrow:dance:

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
come on guys i know what you are trying to say but its my only option at the moment and its not a long term plan either so please no more rent money is dead money comments .looking for serious hints or tips .

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
come on guys i know what you are trying to say but its my only option at the moment and its not a long term plan either so please no more rent money is dead money comments .looking for serious hints or tips .

maybe look into a not so great an area thats alot cheaper, but not like bagdad? if you get my gist, just put up with something small and cheap for a year to get maximum savings?

also no chance in paying small rent and moving back home with your parents or parents in-law?

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
still with the parents . space is limited . ive been looking at half dodgy areas but even they seem to be full with a baby on the way all we want is a 2 bedder unit or something like that . we just want our own place now . Any one out there got an empty investment or looking at buying one lol i

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
its pretty hard getting in especially the first time, took me a couple of weeks when i was looking but eventually found a decent placethe only real advice i can offer is keep going at it be on constant look out for new properties coming up

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The only advice I can give, is make sure the landlord knows about the baby on the way. I missed out on countless houses to the 'young family', not totally sure why, just assuming it was partly because i had no references (first time renting) and the young family is guaranteed centreline money, which in a landlords eyes would show big dollar signs.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4