Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

repainting rims

nickwontlose

Reaction score
Website
www.isohunt.com
Members Ride
97 VS Executive
Hi, I have some old VR clubby rims that i wanna put on my VS, the thing is they are pretty scratched up. I dont know if this is a noob question but the scratches aren't too deep and i was thinking bout respraying them but i wasnt really sure if i would come out alright or not. Any ideas??
here is a pic of them how they are now

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: imgp1248e.jpg

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I think you should be able to buy some touch up paint, don't think you'll need to respray the hole thing. If the scratches are minor you won't notice them after the touch up paint.

If you get a little brush and just go over the scratches it'll look fine.

Last edited:

kingky07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS SER II
if you want to re-paint/touch up or these look better when painted with shadow chrome brings em to life i think, wet rub them with 800grit keeping the water up and an even sand to prevent any uneven parts, give em clean prepsole, and your reay to paint make sure you use a clear coat over top to seal it again.
i not long did my wheels for the vt and did this and came up looking fantastic! not to shiney just enought to look good! all painted from cans from autobarn they were bout 19/can used 3 and i claear cheap and great result. took about 2hrs to wet rub and not long to paint gave them 3 coats to give some life to them!
good luck

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
When I got my cs rims painted I used the correct 2 pac paint with hardner in it - paint colour is high ho silver. Cost a bit to get done but they look good to me and I'm happy with the outcome.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Cost me $50 per wheel to have mine powdercoated black. (they obviously have plenty of colours, including silver)

Should send your wheels here Victimiza, would still be cheaper.

joel448

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR LEXCEN/COMMODORE
if you want to do it properly, strip the tyres off or mask off, get the rims sandblasted / sanded, lay down a 2k primer/isolater then 3 coats of 2k enamel, they will look a million bucks.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
if you want to do it properly, strip the tyres off or mask off, get the rims sandblasted / sanded, lay down a 2k primer/isolater then 3 coats of 2k enamel, they will look a million bucks.

Sounds like alot of work, when for $50 a rim, a professional will have them acid bathed, prepped, and powder coated :)

Finished product for those that are interested....

101_2886.jpg

104_0527.jpg