Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repairing Leather Steering Wheel Wear?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Has anyone used anything to repair wear and tear on their leather wrap steering wheels? Mine looks really crappy at the moment and would love to fix it. Im having the same issue with the leather gear shifter.

DSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Why is different to mine?

The texture etc wears off, they just aren't the same once they wear.

I'll have to take some pics of my wheels, one is worn one is not. Some cleaner/rejuvenator just won't cut it IMO.

If you look at the OP's pics the coloured coating has worn off and is patchy - eventually it will all wear off and it'll be just smooth and crappy looking.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
The texture etc wears off, they just aren't the same once they wear.

I'll have to take some pics of my wheels, one is worn one is not. Some cleaner/rejuvenator just won't cut it IMO.

If you look at the OP's pics the coloured coating has worn off and is patchy - eventually it will all wear off and it'll be just smooth and crappy looking.

Sorry mate that's just plain wrong. That kit I posted will repair ANY damage to the leather on a leather steering wheel, its not a rejuvenator, its a full on multi-stage leather steering wheel repair kit made to repair wheels off 50 year old cars etc.

I have used it and done it, they come up like new. With mine I wanted to keep some of the battle scars, but if i had wanted I could have made it better than new.
DFB8F126-249F-492A-8352-2B442E1A2FA6-5664-0000204A1540CA75.jpg

OP, save yourself some cash and give it a go.