Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repairs i done on my mates vt

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
hi all,here's a few pics of my mates vt that i recently fixed.
as you can see it wasn't looking it's best.the only door that opened was the right hand rear so it made for interesting viewing when he would have a carload to do a bottlo run etc.
we had to get-
lh front door
lh front guard
lh door mirror
rh front guard
it took me two days to complete even though it was a decent size job.
the lh front door pillar and hinges were a little bent but i got them sorted out.
the drivers door needed a little bit of work to straighten the front edge out.
he was quoted over 3 grand for the job and i ended up getting it done for under a grand,thats including panels,paint,materials and labour.
not a bad effort for someone with absolutely no qualifications,just had luck of growing up with a big brother who had plenty of cool cars and was always letting me help him.
let me know what you think
cheers

photos below

ImageShack Album - 12 images

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
looks like a decent job, ive done my arse end recently (after reversing into a 4wd) a sledgy and a porta power hydraulic ram set are worth their weight in gold pumped the arse of my car out by about 40mm fixed the crease in the boot floor and you wouldnt even know now it was hit cost me nothing to fix and im sure an insurance company would have written it off.

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
no doubt they would have.i've done a few repair jobs that would have easily been written off.i quoted a bloke $1500 for a job on an au falcon that the panel beaters quoted $4500.couple days work at the most.they said it needed a new lh quarter and lh back door which is bullshit.it just has a scrape on the wheel arch and dog leg.and the back door? i can't even see anything wrong with it!! they're good around here coz they get me a bit of work with they're prices.and when someone comes to me for a price and think i'm to expensive i tell them to go get a quote,and suprise suprise they come running back!!!

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
and some douche decided to sideswipe my vk at the supermarket a month ago.broke the drivers door mirror,scraped the front wheel arch and pushed the side of the bumper and guard in.i went off my head at this tool who was either stoned or is broderline retarded.i went off my head saying it's a 42,000 km car etc and all he could say was "i feel sick".what a wanker.anyway i went to the panel beaters and the quote was $680,so the bloke comes around and he's still shitting himself by the way,and we arrange for him to pay me $400 and i'll fix it.soon as he left i pulled the guard and bumper back out and put a new mirror on.all good now!

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Good job but I don't think it's a good idea to be advertising cashies. You know gst, tax evasion and so on.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
cashies make the world go around lol ..
Good job but I don't think it's a good idea to be advertising cashies. You know gst, tax evasion and so on.