Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repco rotors,pads and fluid for 99 bucks

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
Not that im trying to advertise for repco or anything but $99 seems awful cheap. Does any1 know who makes repco rotors and are they any good also the pads are silverline brand have used em b4 they seem ok

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Yuck, Silverline...Their pads are **** dude.

Interesting that you ask who makes the Repco rotors. Still a fairly new line of stock, and even I haven't looked into it yet...

I shall suss it out when I'm next at work for you.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
im getting them for my vy,i know the manager at the repco store im getting them from,he reckons they aren't bad for standard rotors,the pads he reckons will wear out quick though... but you couldnt by rotors seperatly cheaper than that anyway.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Would it be RDA rotors, a few of the sellers on Ebay seem to sell these relatively cheaply compared to some other brands

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
you get what you pay for. theres a reason these parts are so cheap.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
im getting them for my vy,i know the manager at the repco store im getting them from,he reckons they aren't bad for standard rotors,the pads he reckons will wear out quick though... but you couldnt by rotors seperatly cheaper than that anyway.

Not true, GSLRallySport sell RDA rotors for $49 each. Sure you would have to add about $15 for postage, but at least I know what I'm paying for.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Not true, GSLRallySport sell RDA rotors for $49 each. Sure you would have to add about $15 for postage, but at least I know what I'm paying for.
hmm,technically still works out dearer though doesnt it, as i said,i know the manager pretty well as hes a mate and i can tell you now, if he thinks they are crap,he'll tell me straight up, ie, he reckons the pads that come with them arent very good...

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
i personally found rda to be the best cheap /effective rotors for wear long term

but as for pads i use genuine especially with slotted rotors as they always seem to get noisy if a poor compund brake pad
(and yes i always tried the fix it things, chamfer pads glue backing plate blah blah blah i now only use genuine REAR pads and MID RANGE price repco pads e.g. bendix)

like i said you will get alot of dif opinions on brakes this is mine...

i think repco rotors are dba????

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Well if the rotors are just rebranded RDA than thats very good value. Maybe buy this deal and sell the pads and fluid on eBay, I'm sure someone will pay $10-$15 for them.

I currently have RDA slotted and QFM A1RM, and the braking is fantastic.