Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replace body control module

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hi we are having issure with our vs, radio is not going, no windscreen wipers and indicators, been told its probably the bcm. i will check fuses first but about a week ago had same problen so guessing its not a fuse cause it all came back to normal, but my question is, is it hard to locate and replace the bcm?? or leave it to an auto elec, cheers.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you can find someone with a scantool that can access the BCM (most likely to be holden) ,they can test the BCM functions and they can tell you if theres anything up with the BCM.The BCM stores error codes for different problems but these codes can only be accessed and read with a scantool.The BCM is located up under the dash just behind the fuses under the steering column.It is not hard to get out,a couple of screws or clips,I cant quite remember which,then unplug the wiring,thats it,swap them over then.You will need a matching key fob.(for the immobiliser).The key security code has to match the BCM security code to disable the immobiliser,so the engine can start.You might be able to get a new BCM programmed with your existing key code.Im not 100% sure about this though,but Holden would have to do this.They can access the security info for your car from your VIN code.

Last edited:

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
thanks mate, sounds a bit complicated so think we will be booking it in, cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mate a wreckers would be the best shot.Dont pay rediculous amounts of cash to someone for an easy job.Go to the wreckers and get a second hand BCM and matching key fob.(from the same car obviously).Then put the "new" keyfob plastic bit on your old metal key part and install the BCM into the vehicle.With the money youve saved go and spend another $50 and get a gregorys workshop manual for your model.Its all step by step instructions and is definitely well worth it.It has heaps of pics to show you how to do stuff like this (BCM), and repair/service things etc.Its not a hard job at all,plus you have everyone on here to help if you run into trouble.You might even live near someone else who is on here that could give you a hand if you run into trouble,but you will be ok.Thats what Id be doing anyway.Cheers.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Another thing I forgot to mention is the BCM level.You have to look up under the dash at the BCM (Fuse box cover panel removed) and see whats written on it.It should be either low, med, high or lux.It has a sticker on it which says which type you have.You need to get the same type (level) as the one you have already.Cheers.

senator155

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
what if your bcm does not say low med high or lux and can it make the temp guage on the dash not work as well as the ilum lights for the temp guage?

malcolmvsclub

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
People i am having trouble getting my vs clubsport running after 6 months off the road. The fuel pump is not activating (priming on reds) and my question is does the immobilisor restrict the function of the fuel pump (power to it) and could my problem also be BCM related. Fuel pump is relatively new and am trying to narrow down possibilities. Cheers.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
People i am having trouble getting my vs clubsport running after 6 months off the road. The fuel pump is not activating (priming on reds) and my question is does the immobilisor restrict the function of the fuel pump (power to it) and could my problem also be BCM related. Fuel pump is relatively new and am trying to narrow down possibilities. Cheers.

I would try running wires directly to the fuel pump from a battery etc, to see if its an immobilizer problem.

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
I would like to upgrade my bcm in the VS Aclaim to enable the intermittent wiper delay to work out of a VR Belina. can that be done?, or do I need to get the key from the VR and then have problems with the BCM being for a different engine.(buick/ecotec) ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I would like to upgrade my bcm in the VS Aclaim to enable the intermittent wiper delay to work out of a VR Belina. can that be done?, or do I need to get the key from the VR and then have problems with the BCM being for a different engine.(buick/ecotec) ?

AFIAK the wiper stalk is the same, but you will need a BCM from a VS as the security signal for the ECU is different. Yes, you will need the keys for the matching BCM.