Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replace o2 Sensors

fred_derf204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I am getting error coed 44 on my computer and need top replace my o2 sensors. Only problem is, I don't know where the hell they are?

If some could let me know where that are it would be greatly appreaciated?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I am getting error coed 44 on my computer and need top replace my o2 sensors. Only problem is, I don't know where the hell they are?

If some could let me know where that are it would be greatly appreaciated?
In the exhaust pipe up near the front of the catalytic converter . I think a VR only has one O2 sensor.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
VR only has one, yes, and it is in the straight section of pipe just in front of the catalytic converter.

fred_derf204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Sorry, vr commodore V6.

I never replaced an o2 sensor before, is it hard to get to? I.e. do I need to jack the car up or take out any parts that in the way?

fred_derf204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Thanks guys.

Soory but I'm a total noob.

What/Where is the catalytic converter?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Look under the car about level with the front doors, you will see a small muffler looking thing that is bolted in with two bolts front and 2 bolts rear, that is the cat. Just in front of that you will see a small cylindrical metal thing with a wire coming out of it, that is the O2 sensor. Follow the wire until you come to a plug, disconnect it, undo the sensor (22mm I think from memory) and screw the new one in and reconnect it. Reset the codes in the ECU by removing the engine fuse under the bonnet and turning the key to 'on'. Happy driving.