Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replace VS Boot Lion with "HOLDEN"...?

Replace VS Boot Lion with "HOLDEN"...?

• Total voters

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Had a thought the other day while debadging my car, something to make it unique.
Replacing the boot lion with the "Holden" badge... Did a few quick photoshops.. Opinions?

Also, is there a hole under the boot badge on a VS?

Can't remember who i pinched the base pic off, but there's no rego plate there... Let me know if you want it down anyway though.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, there are holes under the badge, so unless you are planning to get the boot re-sprayed any time soon, I would say leave it the way it is. I think you should leave it clean or leave the badges in their original places.

It kind of reminds me of those people who glue "Commodore" badges to their centre consoles.

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Yes, there are holes under the badge, so unless you are planning to get the boot re-sprayed any time soon, I would say leave it the way it is. I think you should leave it clean or leave the badges in their original places.

It kind of reminds me of those people who glue "Commodore" badges to their centre consoles.

I don't see why he'd have to respray the boot. It depends how the holes are arranged and how dodgy he wants to be.

Might be worth removing the 'lion' badge and placing the 'holden' badge in position just to see if the holes are covered by the badge lettering. If they are - sweet. Find a dodge way to fill the holes (not sure, solastic or something lol) then place the badge over the top and no one will even know about your dodginess.

I doubt this will work though - I'm guessing the 'lion' badge holes wont be next to eachother like this O O

They might be a triangle or square arrangement.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I don't see why he'd have to respray the boot. It depends how the holes are arranged and how dodgy he wants to be.

I doubt this will work though - I'm guessing the 'lion' badge holes wont be next to eachother like this O O

They might be a triangle or square arrangement.

Well, if he wanted to do it properly, he would weld up the holes and have them painted. I don't think that the VR boots have holes, don't quote me on that though.

As for the hole pattern, they are about an inch-and-a-half apart one on top of the other, so there is no way that Holden badge will cover it (unless you put it on vertically).

valakis_vx

The Juggernaught Bitch!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 M6
mabey just shave the whole rear and have no badges?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I like the 3rd one the best . Btw who's car is that it looks mint ;)
haha nah i dont mind my car being a model :thumbsup:

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
i reckon all three options look extremely homosexual :thumbsup:

put the badges back in their original places and leave it... don't cheapen your car by removing them or, worse still, trying to be creative by re-arranging them

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
+1 for all three look fugged. but option 3 sorta looks ok..i think. Atleast its different.