Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced BCM and still has the same problem

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I bought and replaced the BCM with one that came with a key from a commodore wreckers so they matched each other but I still have the same problem, the replacement has the same number 150 and word "Low" and it plugged straight in but I am still having the same problem, If I turn the key nothing happens but if I use the key to unlock the car and then use the key the car starts.... I had a problem with my other VS that was a battery problem it would not start the car and after many recharges and a jump start the conclusion was the standard negative cable from the battery to the starter motor was not good enough so a replacement later I got first start every start, im wondering if this is the same problem but why would it start then after unlocking the car with the key?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is the metal around the key barrel making contact with the bare metal on the key head? If they're not making contact just bend them out slightly until they do.

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi RJK good idea both of the metal strips are making a solid contact so its not that, but can someone confirm this.... is the 1996 VS Executive meant to be this way as a security feature? When I unlock the car I have a certain amount of time (some minutes) to start the car when this time is up the security button on the dash has its light in red flashing to say its secure until I press a button on the key fob the light stops and I can start it, its a shame I had to spend $100 to buy a new BCM w/ key fob to find this out though if this is how its meant to be.

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I figured out the solution and both BCM's were working fine it was the part around the key barrel that has the two metal strips which make contact to the key fob it had rotated just enough so that when the key was turned to "on" there was no contact to the keys head so I rotated this piece and now it works as it should

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
RJK you were right about the metal strips around the barrel but with mine they were making contact to the key head its just the whole plastic housing for the metal strips had rotated something I didnt notice for a while untill I lined them up with my other VS

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON