Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced headunit and now have no dash cluster lights

ChrisOk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac
I just replaced my headunit with a Sony GT80UI and I purchased the steering wheel control harness off eBay. Now I have all the wires connected up properly but I have two wires left over and the headunit harness has no where to put these wires, I would imagine these are the wires for the illumination, so I'm just wondering where I connect those to get my dash cluster illumination going. The two wires I have left are a grey wire and a yellow (w/ black stripe). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Did you advise the company that supplied the harness which exact model of head unit u were installing. The one i bought was just plug and play and it worked straight away. Check if the harness is the correct one.

ChrisOk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX S Pac
We got it going turned out that I had missed a fuse when I was checking them which had blown (we blew another one later that day) but it's all working now. Thanks for that

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
We got it going turned out that I had missed a fuse when I was checking them which had blown (we blew another one later that day) but it's all working now. Thanks for that

Doesn't connecting the illumination wire blow the fuses ?