Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced intake gasket no more issues

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Well hoping someone can help me. Replaced the well worn intake gasket on the VR the other day. Went to start it and it was backfiring and carrying on. I thought no drama just put lead on wrong. Checked it all out and all was good. A code for MAP sensor high voltage came up so I checked it all out no joy. Swapped it with a few known working sensors to no joy. When I leave the map sensor disconnected it doesn't pop and backfire. Now I am thinking it could be the 3 pin Deutsch connector as the clip has broken off it.

What are peoples opinions?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Mate, Check all the Vacuum hoses, I left the MAP Vac hose off the throttle body cause its hidden a bit, when i did mine and it ran really bad, missing and carrying on, put it back on all good again :)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's the weird part. The hose is connected where it should be. I even tried another hose to no avail.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
So I am assuming the car was running fine before you did this job? Have you got the sensor at the back of the manifold on? just a thought

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it was running fine but it was losing coolant at a fairly rapid rate. The only fault code is the one for MAP sensor high voltage. Which is the same code if you disconnect it. I never disconnected the plug though only the vacuum hose. How ever if you do disconnect the MAP sensor it doesn't backfire and carry on.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hmmm Im Stumped on this one mate. I Would be checking every single connector, Vac Hose etc, retrace every part removed, and see. Also reset the whole system in case it has a fault code stuck

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I have done all that multiple times. Hoping that next Thursday the auto leccy will check it. Find something simple and get my baby running again. Over having no car already.