Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced Satin Silver Auto Shifter/Handbrake Covers

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Hey guys,

I bought some HSV/SS Satin Silver Auto Shifter and Handbrake Covers over the weekend on eBay and installed them tonight on my VY S2. I had some small problems installing them but I hope they are installed and clipped in properly.

The Auto Shifter wasn't too bad, just needed to jiggle the boot leather a bit so the back clip sat in properly. The old one also had grease on the button and spring so it pushed in and out more smoothly - would you guys suggest putting some on the new one aswell? Or will it wear itself in?

The Handbrake Button was the most difficult - I thought I was going to brake something as it wouldn't budge. I used a paper clip to get under it and managed to get it off. When putting the new one on, I accidentally broke off a really small piece of the grey plastic (like 3-4mm) surrounding the inner button area (nothing on the new button itself) - that won't cause me any problems either will it? The new button seems to be clipped in and is hard to move, so think its correct.

Everything seems to be sitting flush and nothing is easy to remove. If anyone can give some insight into these two things or give me some reassurance it would be appreciated.

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
Anyone?

Drove it this morning and everything seems to be fine. Would be nice for someone to assure me things are fine and stop worrying over the smallest things - its a new car so I tend to stress over nothing still.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
I had my dealer install mine... If they don't fall out and it looks good, then I wouldn't worry about it. It's a nice upgrade isn't it? Ten points for doing it yourself - the handbrake totally threw me.

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
Thanks vy_acclaim.

Yeah they look awesome, glad I did the upgrade. Took it for a drive and they are solid and securely sitting in flush, and I cannot get them back off again, so I am confident they wont cause me any problems.

And yes the only difficult part was removing the old handbrake button - nothing a paper clip didn't fix though :D