Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaceing Cutch -- Need Help Please!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Ok guys heres the facts.
I own a 1994 V6 VR 5spd. Now clutch wasnt going so well so i went out and bought an XTREME H / D Kit. It contained the pressure plate, spigot bearing, thrust bearing and clutch plate. Now this is all good until i dissembled the transmission to find that, my VR has a VS crank in it seeing as the spigot bearing on it was different. Now i did a little research to see what came up on the XTREME website, but im not sure whether the clutch plate / pressure plate will be sufficient for my vr seeing as the VS crank are there etc. The VS Kit that is available is to suit a Getrag Trans whereas my VR is a borgwarner T5.

More Basically;
VR should have: VR crank + Borgwarner Trans + spiggot bearing that is only cylindric no stepups + clutch plate + pressure plate

VS should have: VS crank + Getrag trans + spiggot bearing with stepdown + clutch plate + pressure plate

MY CAR: Has a VS Crank + Borgwarner trans + spiggot with stepdown + clutch plate + pressure plate

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The Gregorys manual says the series 1 VS had the BW trans and series 2 VS had the Getrag. So, going on that you could presume that the series 1 VS with the BW box is basically identical to the VR.
Sorry thats all the help I can give.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
What is exactly wrong? i take it the spigot bush wont fit?

All of the spigot bushes to suit the T5 will be the same for all v6's ecotec and buick.

i ordered my clutch kit online, and i didnt even tell them it was for a T5 behind an ecotec... i just said i need a spigot bush to suit T5

Are you aware that they are a force fit into the crank?

Also, the spigot you are putting in should look like the one you take out. Are they the same?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
the spigot i took out wasnt the same as the one one i got with the kit. it was to suit a vr crank whereas my vr has a vs crank for some reason, either way, we put on the spigot i alredy had along with the new pressure plate and clutch and it still runs the same. i dont udnerstand, its not the pressure plate, spigot, clutch plate, pedal or cable.. wtf is it?

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what was wrong with it before you changed it slipping heavy to push etc

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
extremely heavy, and i think it was a stock clutch too, ive now put in a heavy duty and ive had previous manuals (vn's) so i know what the clutch on a borgwarner connected to a buick engine should be like... its really bad and jst had a drive then and the pedal was very sticky

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
did you check the pivot height when you were in there.and give the clutch fork a good look at.thrust bearing could be getting pulled into the slide making it hard .cable free moving when not connected

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
tbh no i didnt really look, my mate who had the experience with it kept his eye on everything, did a dam good job imo, but i cleaned out the bellhouseing, rmeoved tailshaft manifolds helpd with gearbox etc and he lined up the plates with the proper tool and everything, just cant pinpoint the full problem, the removed clutch and pressure plates were of average use, they werent like entirely rooted to the max at all. So im pretty dumbfounded, what do you do when you cant find a fault?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha it has to be something in the throwout mechanism pedal pivot, cable,clutch fork or pivot point or thrust bearing catching on the gearbox seal cover most heavy duty clutches nowdays are soft to push like a stocker.do you have a bit of free play before the pedal starts pulling the clutch does it disenguage close to the floor like normal