Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaceing purge hose

apathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vt S1 EX
hi all ive had a problem with my vt, stalling in drive loud noise near thottle body and have found that the purge hose is spilt/come off.

is it easy to replace if so do you need to take TB off
it seems only a midgets hands can fit in to do it as
its tight as F$£k

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
you mean the hose that comes from the back of the manifold and under the runners to the bottom of the TB.

Yea i'm pretty sure it has a little plastic liner in it that sometimes comes apart. I'm sure you can replace it with a standard vacuum hose.

I remember it coming off all the time with my old VT.
Ill have a look at a spare manifold I have out the back and see what can be done. Might even send you the hose if its still there

apathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for reply mate checked your ride out looks like alotta fun

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Ok. From what I can see, the hose seems to come from further back on the motor as it doesn't come out of the manifold into the TB.

Try getting up and behind the motor to see if you can see where it comes from. From memory when I did my heads, it comes from a little box that is bolted to a bracket in the middle of the manifold (valley cover) at that rear.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hose just pulls off on both end, very easy to change. I highly recommend putting a hose clamp of the TB side as its fairly common for it to actually fall off and cause your car to run like a pig.

apathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok. From what I can see, the hose seems to come from further back on the motor as it doesn't come out of the manifold into the TB.

Try getting up and behind the motor to see if you can see where it comes from. From memory when I did my heads, it comes from a little box that is bolted to a bracket in the middle of the manifold (valley cover) at that rear.
thanks that helps alot where it is at a 90 degree angle connecting to TB is like a 7cm gap means it stuffed doesnt it.
Im used to working on straight six EX ford EB owner.
is the purge hose like crank case ventilation or something

apathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hose just pulls off on both end, very easy to change. I highly recommend putting a hose clamp of the TB side as its fairly common for it to actually fall off and cause your car to run like a pig.
Cheers hopefully its the purge hose heard they are cheap as chips.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
thanks that helps alot where it is at a 90 degree angle connecting to TB is like a 7cm gap means it stuffed doesnt it.
Im used to working on straight six EX ford EB owner.
is the purge hose like crank case ventilation or something

Yep most likely stuffed. And go figure, my last car was a EB S-pack with the 4.0L engine, awesome towing machine.

Aria Rad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive 3.8L V6
Can someone please put up a pic of where the purge hose is because I have the same problem. I'm not a mechanic and only owned the commodore for a few days but have done a major service myself.
Anyway id love to know where this hose is so i can change it too. Thanks