Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Aerial Mast Problem

Lewy47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Thanks Dayvo. I'll take a look at it this evening. What a horses arse! I'm driving from Sydney to Adelaide in a weeks time and have to get this sorted otherwise it could be a long trip. I'll let you know how I get on.

Lewy47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Got it sorted. I didn't need to cut the sleeve off after all. It isn't perfect in that it would appear that the antenna stops short about one inch from fully down position. I will install into the car and see how bad it is. If it is working ok and doesn't protude too much, I'll leave it. If not I will cut a small amout out of the metal sleeve which is preventing the mast from fully retracting. Either way, I think I have it sussed now. Thanks.

Lewy47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hooray. I got the thing back together and working. Except now i have the click, click, click when fully up and when fully down. Grr. Any ideas?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
No idea, for some reason when you replace it the system runs for too long. You get used to it :p If anyone has solved it... how? :p

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
8 hours 8 %$@* hours and im done finaly, thanks heaps for this post, i had exacty the same problem, the damn thing was seazed in it, and id put the motor cover on backward as well so thanks heaps for that info to, saved me a **** load more trouble!

the reason it took 8 hours is cause the little mettal mettle thing with the 2 prong things on it had practicly gled its self to the side of the shaft, once we got most of it out we then had to file the rest of it away and finaly it fit!

thanks again and hope any one else having this problem gets it sorted!!

cheers