Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Clutch Cable for VR HSV Senator 215i , 6 speed Manual .

bwaitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VR Senator 215i , 6 speed manual
Morning all ,
New to this forum and creating my first contact .
Looking forward to being involved with like minded enthusiasts .
Not being a mechanics bootlace I am advised that I require a replacement and specific Clutch Cable for my HSV VR 215i , 6 SPEED Manual .
Holden advise that this particular cable is no longer available , therefore any assistance / advice in securing one would be greatly appreciated .
Many thanks .
Barry .

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
You might have to get one made up or make one yourself if you cannot locate one...If you have to make one you could probably modify a handbrake cable....I once changed an HQ 253 from auto to manual and used fencing wire as a temp clutch cable..lol
If you still have a good cable sheath/sleeve ,you could probably use large electrical screw type cable connectors as ends all you need is some wire that fits....connectors similar to below but sized to suit your cable for ends (even if you have to double them up) ,Im thinking the double screws should hold (screwed hard) even if its just til you get sorted but if you double them it should give you even more strength (just break the plastic surround off them (you want the ones that have metal inserts).....another option is to drill a full thread bolt near its head /run the cable thru /washer on end and tighten nut to clamp.... I hope you find one eventually or at least someone that can manufacture a replacement.......Such a car deserves the correct part.. my 10 cents...
https://www.digikey.co.nz/en/products/detail/weco-electrical-connectors-inc./302-HDS/06/13997355?utm_adgroup=Terminal Blocks&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_Product_Connectors, Interconnects&utm_term=&productid=13997355&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2YzHxZHs9QIV-pJmAh16ywshEAQYBSABEgILVvD_BwE

Last edited:

bwaitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VR Senator 215i , 6 speed manual
Many thanks for your advice , sorry for the delay in replying .
best wishes .

Last edited by a moderator: