Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement driver's side mirror glass

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I'm fed up of the binocular vision my drivers side mirror gives me. Quite why you need to be able to read the numberplate of a car behind you at 100yds, but not see beside you, is beyond me.

A bit of googling shows a few options (flat, convex. Via ebay/glass sellers)

Anybody done a switch recommend a good source?
Plus what was standard fit, am I right that its probably concave to get the zoomed in look? Or is it flat, and I'm used to convex on most other cars?

Thanks in advance

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I'm fed up of the binocular vision my drivers side mirror gives me. Quite why you need to be able to read the numberplate of a car behind you at 100yds, but not see beside you, is beyond me.

Plus what was standard fit, am I right that its probably concave to get the zoomed in look? Or is it flat, and I'm used to convex on most other cars?

Thanks in advance
Changed mine to convex.
Much better field of vision. The VF mirrors are pretty small and found this helped a lot.
I got mine from OPG.
Fitting can be fiddly though.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Changed mine to convex.
Much better field of vision. The VF mirrors are pretty small and found this helped a lot.
I got mine from OPG.
Fitting can be fiddly though.

Thanks, a quick check of their website and ebay store... it seems they don't do glass anymore, just a cover?
https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/exterior/mirrors-covers/?rf=va&va=394

I found this one
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Right-D...m283ab19b6a:g:dmMAAOSwvx5bUplN&frcectupt=true

Looks to be either a stick over, or remove old and remount job. Looking at the service manual to remove the glass you just pull from the outer edge?

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport

Thanks in advance
I changed my drivers side, flat glass mirror, to the US market Chevrolet passenger side mirror which is convex. I used genuine Holden parts from the local dealer. This is a quote from my previous post on the subject:
"The mirror glass with backing plate was $138. The plastic housing was not changed. The box has instructions showing how to change the mirror. It is not too difficult. The part number for mine was 92260440. A convex mirror without heating and without side blind zone warning is part number 92260426. With heating it is 92260428."
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-random-chat-thread.222632/page-53#post-2985824

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Thanks, a quick check of their website and ebay store... it seems they don't do glass anymore, just a cover?
https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/exterior/mirrors-covers/?rf=va&va=394

I found this one
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Right-D...m283ab19b6a:g:dmMAAOSwvx5bUplN&frcectupt=true

Looks to be either a stick over, or remove old and remount job. Looking at the service manual to remove the glass you just pull from the outer edge?
AAAC's post gives you all the info. Pretty sure I read his original post which made me change mine.
OPG will order things in for you if they can get them and they tend to be cheaper than going to Holden.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon

Thanks in advance
Won’t be concave otherwise objects at various distances (depending on focal length of the mirror) would be seen inverted...would be distracting to say the least.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Is concave legal?