Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Keys - Got To Be A Cheaper Option...

Fatboy

Reaction score
Im trying to get a replacement key made for mY VR Commodore, lowest quote on the Gold Coast was $95. Does it get any cheaper than that?

D

death-from-above

Do you need the who key and remote or just the key??

When i bought my car i only got one remote with the key in it and one remote that is programmed to the car asewll. I also got a glovebox key but its not the same as the ignition so I will need to get a key cut by holden, so prices would help me too.

Was your quote from holden or a locksmith??

L

loweredvsute

hey yall,

my first post onthis site... hope it turns out to be helpful. thanks

my vs ute has been great to me.. til the other day my key got wet and now i can only get into the car by manualy puttin key in the door lock. But!!, i cant start the engine... is this related to the remote not working???

secondly, do i need to buy a new remote? if so how much should i pay and,...

CAN I GET ONE STRAIGHT AWAY?? OR IS THERE GOING TO BE A WAIT???
my car is stuck by side of road at the moment. (not a good place for a lowered ute with bodykit and 19" rims!)

thanks for ya help!!!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
the killer is the handling about 20-30 for the programming of the head about the same for cutting the key and about 40 for parts

G

grover

QUOTE (loweredvsute @ Feb 15 2004, 05:37 PM) hey yall,

my first post onthis site... hope it turns out to be helpful. thanks

my vs ute has been great to me.. til the other day my key got wet and now i can only get into the car by manualy puttin key in the door lock. But!!, i cant start the engine... is this related to the remote not working???

secondly, do i need to buy a new remote? if so how much should i pay and,...

CAN I GET ONE STRAIGHT AWAY?? OR IS THERE GOING TO BE A WAIT???
my car is stuck by side of road at the moment. (not a good place for a lowered ute with bodykit and 19" rims!)

thanks for ya help!!!
yeah mate the remote is the problem.pressing the remote also disengages your immobiliser{yep it has got one}turn your ignition on for about 40 min.when the red l.e.d on the dash stops flashing your car will start.at least you can get it home.

L

loweredvsute

grover: Big Thanks!!!

just what i needed to know... il be callin local Holden dealer today for a new key.

Cheers... now i can get it home

L

loweredvsute

grover... thanks mate... all sorted. NEw KEy took less then 1 hour at Eagers. $89 in total. Not too bad i thinks

Took 2 hours to get the immobiliser to cancel itself out !!

Thanks for your help

G

grover

****...2 hrs,unusual but all worked out in the end.no worries,someone here will usually give some helpful advice.