Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement of BCM LUX - HI ?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Hey guys

My Body Control Module is pretty much dead

it is a 885 - LUX can I replace it with a Hi Level BCM?

Thanks

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
im quickly finding out nobody knows much about BCMs !!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
probably not, I would assume that the pinouts would be slightly different, if you do get a second hand BCM try to get a keyhead from the same car.

then again who knows, maybe it will work fine, I would look up the pinouts on the BCM's and compare the two, when my BCM died all I could fins was MID or LOW never found a HIGH but eventually I finally found a LUX, bloody hard to find when you really need one.

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
That's exactly what I'm looking for... the pinout for a 149 hi from a VS stato. I have almost got it there, but that damn black/yellow from the bonnet theft signal, I am getting power across it after merging the loom from the exec and the stato. (wanted to bring over lots of bit... boot release/speed sensitive wipers/cruise control etc, but keep the aircon instead of going the elec. climate control).

Does anyone have the pinout for the hi bcm? would be much appreciated.

For those curious, it's an L67 into a standard green exec.

-Dan

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
This might help
44292d1201091787-vs-power-windows-help-needed-sm-bcm.jpg

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My 1995 VS exec has a low 150 BCM.It doesnt mention it in the above list.I wonder why.Its the original BCM too..Ive seen this BCM in a few VS execs.It even shows pics of the low 150 BCM in the VS gregorys manuals.
EDIT: Ive just looked at some other BCM stuff and I think these numbers are for the earlier BCM's,which explains why my VS one is not mentioned. Some VP's were fitted with a BCM along with the override key lock in the passenger door jamb. (Some low level VP's didnt have a BCM),and as far as I know the VN didnt ever have a BCM,it used (calais) an anti theft module instead and had an override key in the glove box and not in the door jamb like VP,so Id say it mentions about key override etc in the lists because they are VP BCM numbers.Im not sure if any VR's had this key overide setup or not.Im pretty sure the VR used the timed override,so these are probably VR BCM numbers.

Last edited:

XeKToReX

Put it on credit!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL, VR Exec, VS Stato, VT Clubby #555
Just as a Note, my VR exec has a key override in the passenger doorjamb :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well there you go, I had heard some early VR's had the overide key still..I have never seen one ,so I wasnt 100% sure..Thanks.
EDIT: Just checked out the wrecked VR I have at my oldies,and theres no key overide or even a hole for it in the passenger side door jamb.It has the ring around the ignition switch ,and the red flashing LED,so Id say it has the later type timed overide setup.The BCM is not in it.I removed it and couldnt find it today ,I only had a quick look.I will find it and compare it to the above numbers to see if it matches any.Thers so little info about on commodore BCM's,and someone will tell you one thing,then someone else tells you its wrong,you end up not knowing whats what with them..The 1's post of the list of BCM's is the best thing Ive seen that shows which is which.

Last edited:

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Hey all,

Thanks for your replies, but the bit I am concerned about is the theft deterrent bonnet switch, which is found on the hi bcm. as you will probably know, there are different plugs for different bcms, and in my case there are 3 black/white wires going into it. I dont want to stuff with the wrong thing and cause damage.

I have the gregories manual which has been good, but it just doesn't cover this. What manual would?

-Dan

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Nobody have any pinouts? Or what manual has them?

-Dan