Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement radiator for VE SS

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Hey guys, hoping for some advice on where to buy a new radiator for the SS

Unusual failure on the current one - the upper hose stub sheared off about half way into the hose as a result of the cold air intake resting on it. This was a MACE type intake, boxed in down below, but I'd attached a much bigger K&N filter so probably too much weight without a proper bracket to support the weight.

Very spectacular when the top hose came off since this is the outlet from the water pump - seemed to blow most of the coolant out in about 10 seconds :-(. Looking in the mirror I wondered if I'd done a head gasket, but then once it started coming out the sides of the bonnet I figured it was just a hose :)

Anyway, I've seen radiators on ebay varying from $100 delivered to about $1000 for the best PWR variant. All I really need is OEM or OEM equivalent. But where for example Bendix make reasonable and reasonably priced brake pads, its harder to find this information for radiators.

So grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Matt