Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement rear compartment courtesy light.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Wow! The plastic interior courtesy light in our Calais (in the hatch/boot area just in front of the passenger tail light) has a broken retaining tab on it, so it keeps falling out. I priced a new one at Holden. Given that it's a piece of plastic with a couple of bits of metal in it to hold the globe, I was thinking maybe $20, or $30 if they were cheeky.

Nope - $90! I guess I'll go looking for a second hand one.

A shame that they are different to the courtesy lights that Holden used from the VB to the VF - I have a few spare of those.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
been a while since you bought spare parts i take it?

also check overseas where the vehicle is more common.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Is this the part you are looking for? GM Parts Direct says it is not compatible, but I just pulled the courtesy lamp out and verified that the P/N matches. $28.73 sounds a bit more reasonable.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-courtesy-lamp-13503059

plus shipping! In US$?

58F5236A-83BE-49D6-A1CA-63A497D635E7.jpeg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
try europe, it's an Opel mate.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Jack GS, you post triggered a thought, and I searched on Amazon and found some far cheaper than what Holden is quoting - they may not be genuine (they claim to be), but they won't be broken either. Fingers crossed they work ok.

I own a few Nissan sports cars too - it's a crazy world when I can order genuine parts from the US and have them shipped to me much faster and way cheaper than I can by ordering them directly through a local Nissan dealer - and they're both coming out of the same place in Japan.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Jack GS, you post triggered a thought, and I searched on Amazon and found some far cheaper than what Holden is quoting - they may not be genuine (they claim to be), but they won't be broken either. Fingers crossed they work ok.

I own a few Nissan sports cars too - it's a crazy world when I can order genuine parts from the US and have them shipped to me much faster and way cheaper than I can by ordering them directly through a local Nissan dealer - and they're both coming out of the same place in Japan.
Ahh the good old Australasian ripoff. It happens across so many sectors, it's not funny. I think we just get more of it on the east side of the Tasman.